but dont want to or cant afford the $210 Kerin Rose price?
You are in luck. I have made a pair of these and I want to share how I made them under $10, saving literally hundreds!
To start, you will need:
- Safety Glasses (you can get these from a hardware store or craft store, cheaper suggestion - Dollar Tree Dollar Stores - $1)
- Lace in any color. (I used white lace and spray painted it black because the store was out of black lace)
- Spray Paint (optional, but you can get ultra creative with it on the lace if you pick some cool colors)
- Glue Gun
- Embellishments (optional, but by adding chains or rhinestones you can make this look your own!)
- If your glasses have a band that connects over the glasses, remove it before you get started.
- Cut a strip of lace to completely fit your glasses lengthwise
- Spray Paint your lace if you desire, if not skip down to the next step.
- With your glue gun, add a small amount of glue to one side of your glasses, preferably one side that is easy to hide glue or mistakes, and attach one side of your strip of lace to the glasses.
- Once the glue is somewhat dry, hold lace taught, and secure the other side of the lace to the other side of the glasses.
- Allow glue to dry completely and cut off excess lace in order to shape your glasses. Use a thin strip of glue from your glue gun to secure frayed edges. and you are DONE!
Check out my video on how I did it:
Let me know how you make out with your glasses!